- ¼ cup finely chopped shallot
- 3 Tablespoons champagne vinegar
- ½ extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper-to taste
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 peaches-pit removed and sliced
- 1 6 oz. bag baby spinach
- ¼ cup red onion-sliced vertically
- ¼ cup almond slices-optional
In a small jar, add shallot, vinegar, olive oil, mustard, honey and lemon juice. Add lid and shake vigorously. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
In a medium sauté pan on medium high heat, add olive oil and heat for 1-2 minutes. Add peaches and sauté for 6-8 minutes or until they begin to caramelize. Remove pan from heat.
Divide spinach, red onion and peaches between two dinner plates. Re-shake dressing and drizzle over each salad. Garnish with sliced almonds if desired.